JFS seeks a temporary Recruitment Coordinator to be responsible for all aspects of our home support recruitment and retention process. The Recruitment Coordinator will work collaboratively with our Manager of Home Support and four coordinators to ensure the highest quality of care for our clients. This is a temporary role, which will start as a one-month assignment with the possibility of extending monthly through the end of August 2021.
Jewish Family Services:
JFS has been enhancing the quality of life for individuals and families in the Lower Mainland for 83 years. The agency delivers a continuum of social service programs to the Jewish and broader community, throughout the Lower Mainland. JFS has a long-standing reputation for creative and professional response to community needs. JFS is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Recruit Home Support workers; including posting, interviewing and checking references
• Conduct orientation sessions for all new Home Support staff
• Coordinate ongoing staff development
• Participate in Occupational Health and Safety Training
• Work with coordinators to determine their specific staffing needs
• Work with coordinators to develop strategies for staff retention
• Work closely with JFS Director of Operations to ensure coordination in HR practices
• Communicate changes in protocols and share relevant information with home support staff
• Participate in updating HS Manual
• Additional tasks as requested
Qualifications & Skills:
• Interest in seniors care
• HR background and thorough knowledge of Labour Standards an asset
• Knowledge of Home Support an asset
• Flexible availability based on new client intakes and demands for staffing
• Creative problem solving
• Excellent assessment and communication skills
• Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities
• Comprehensive computer skills and proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
This is a part-time position, 21 hours per week. This is a temporary role, which will start as a one-month assignment with the possibility of extending monthly through the end of August 2021. Salary is commensurate with experience.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume quoting “Home Support Recruitment Coordinator” to Rachel Shanken, Director of Operations at email@example.com by Friday, April 8. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Qualifications: Associate's Degree and 0-2 years of experience.