Public Speaking Contest
30th Annual Public Speaking Contest
Thursday, March 15, 2018 | 7:00 p.m.
Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver | 950 West 41st Avenue, Vancouver
Who is Eligible:
Students in grades 4-7 from across the Lower Mainland.
- Compare Jewish life today to Jewish life in the past.
- You are an archaeologist working in Israel. Which artifact would you most like to find and why? (David’s slingshot, Samson’s hair, temple menorah etc.)
- What Jewish holiday would you like to celebrate in Israel?
- Write about one person from Jewish history you admire and why.
- Create a Jewish superhero that has at least 2 Jewish values as super powers. Why did you choose these values?
- Israel is well known for helping out nations around the world when they are in crisis. Why is this a Jewish value?
- Should we uphold our leaders to a higher ethical standard? Explain why you agree or disagree with this from a Jewish perspective.
- What makes a home Jewish?
- I’m glad to be Jewish because …
- Is global warming a Jewish issue?
- Maimonides (Rambam) says that the highest form of Tzedakah is to give someone a job. Agree or disagree.
- Choose a Jewish artist or musician and explain how you think their work has been influenced by their Judaism.
- Topic of your choice.
Click here to view this year's judging criteria [PDF]. Speeches may be a maximum of three minutes long.
Register online by clicking here.
Click here for our FAQ. For further questions please contact Etti Goldman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.257.5100.