Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver is uniquely positioned as the central organization in the Jewish community where community members and donors can make a lasting difference. Federation builds strong, vibrant and enduring Jewish communities locally, in Israel and overseas. We are the planning, allocating and fundraising body for beneficiary agencies that provide humanitarian, social, and educational services. We work closely with our partner agencies to identify needs and generate the financial resources to meet them through an annual fundraising campaign and special giving opportunities.
Join our team and help improve the lives of community members and people around the world.
The JFGV is currently seeking a Junior Accountant/ Accounts Payable Clerk to join our accounting team. This role comes with a competitive salary, a generous vacation allowance and a comprehensive benefits package. If you are an energetic and passionate individual interested in building your career in an organization that makes a difference in the community then we would like to talk to you.
Duties for this role include the following:
• Organizing invoices for payment including coding and matching.
• Entering invoices in the accounting system.
• Processing expense reports.
• Preparing and processing electronic transfers and payments.
• Preparing and executing check runs.
• Researching and resolving invoice discrepancies.
• Reconciling vendor accounts and managing vendor inquiries.
• Preparing analysis of accounts.
• Maintaining appropriate files and documentation
• Producing reports as required.
• Assisting with month-end close including account reconciliations.
• Providing supporting documentation for audits
Key attributes of a successful candidate include:
• 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience.
• Enrollment in an accounting program – CPA preferred.
• Knowledge of general accounting and accounts payable practices.
• Well organized and ability to prioritize tasks.
• Proficient in data entry.
• Good attention to detail and accuracy.
• Good communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong work ethic and an ability to meet deadlines.
We thank all applicants; only those who apply through our website or career centre will be considered. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.