We are seeking a warm, friendly, enthusiastic individual with the ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with children, parents, staff and volunteers. The primary function of this position is to coordinate and support the program and services associated with the Orr Vancouver Israeli Dance School and the Dena Wosk School of Performing Arts. The focus is to provide an excellent level of operational, administrative and communications coordination and support for all performing arts programs at the JCC. Work schedule includes Sundays during the school year.
Hours: 30 hours per week - 4 days per week
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
• Provide an excellent level of operational, administrative, and communications support for performing arts classes, in the four streams: dance, Israeli dance, theatre and music, as well as act as a liaison for parents, students and instructors.
• Supervise Israeli dance staff within approved budget guidelines and following established policies and procedures.
• Take part in the registration process and work to respond to external inquiries, registrations and related communication.
• Coordinate teachers’ costume designs and the buying or ordering of the actual costumes for the year-end shows and dance competitions. Care for and maintain all dance supplies, costumes and equipment.
• Take an active role in representing the JCC Israeli dance program throughout the community and develop relationships with schools and other agencies.
• Work cooperatively with the school systems and synagogues to secure needed multi-purpose rooms.
• Coordinate and facilitate out of town groups.
• Prepare and submit materials for JCC Program Guide and Registration System.
• Staff Orr Vancouver School of Israeli Dance Committee.
• Assist with fundraising activities.
• Assist in creating the publicity for the department, create and implement a social media strategy
• Implement scheduling and financial coordination for the School of Music.
• Assist in the planning and producing of the Year-End dance shows and the Music recital, liaise with the technical and production crew.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong time management and multitasking abilities, ability to complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner
• Proven communication skills, both oral and written
• Provide an exceptional standard of customer service
• Self-motivated, goal oriented, energetic and proactive team player that interfaces well at all levels of the organization
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
• Strong computer skills – Microsoft, Excel etc.
• Time flexibility – some evening and weekend work will be required.
• Strong knowledge of all Social Media platforms
• Knowledge of Jewish culture and customs an asset
• Two years’ experience in a coordinator role is required
Must pass criminal background check.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 9, 2018
Position Start Date: November 13, 2018 (or as soon as possible after that)
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 0-2 years of experience.