Start Date: May 2021
Duration: 4 Months/ Full Time (Possible PT thereafter)
The White Rock South Surrey Jewish Community Center (WRSSJCC) is a non-profit
organization serving BC’s Fraser Valley. We are an organization that offers a multitude of
services and programs including those of a religious and cultural nature. We support a
diverse group of individuals and families from the very young to retirees. When not
impacted by COVID-19 we hold regular Shabbat Services, High Holy Services, Purim Sukkot
and Hanukkah Celebrations, Movie Nights, Guest Speakers, Hebrew School, Socials,
Fundraisers, and Bar/Bat Mitzvah’s just to name a few. Our non-profit organization is
looking for and energetic, collaborative self-starter with a positive, professional, proactive
approach to his/her work.
This role requires working closely with the board on all day-to-day operations including
programming, marketing, social media and finance. This person will help implement and
develop community outreach programs while overseeing the non-profit’s 2021-2022
calendar of events.
In this position the Executive Officer will:
• Oversee all operational duties
• Performing general clerical duties
• Develop and administer the social media campaign for the non-profit
• Administer and enhance the organization’s social media presence including
developing content on social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,
etc.), and managing blogger relations
• Coordinating, developing and managing marketing collateral
• Researching new membership opportunities and conducting market analyses
• Developing procedures for E-Marketing/Internet marketing services
• Prepare correspondence, materials and presentations for attracting membership
including marketing campaigns
• Connect with the current membership and market ways to attract new members
within the region
• Outreach and canvas current and prospective membership for programs and
functions of interest to encourage growth and viability of the non-profit
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements
• Currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program
• Exceptional knowledge of social media platforms
• Proactive and energetic
• Ability to anticipate issues, multi-task and set appropriate priorities.
• Ability to see big picture while not losing sight of critical details.
• Exceptional research, analytical, organizational, administrative, and time
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines under pressure.
• High-energy self-starter and team player requiring limited direction and
• Excellent listening skills and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proven ability to
generate, proof and edit complex documents.
• Excellent computer skills, including advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and
Please email your resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Title: Executive Officer – Non-Profit: Insert Candidate Name
Qualifications: Associate's Degree and 0-2 years of experience.