Position: Executive Assistant
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
Status: Regular Full Time – Maternity Leave Position
Congregation Beth Israel, a member of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, is dedicated to the strengthening of all aspects of Jewish life including worship and Torah study, religion, educational and social activities for all ages, and the observance of life cycle events.
1. Provides high level administrative support to the office of the Executive Director
2. Supervises the administrative staff and general office
3. As a critical member of the development team, provides major support for organisation of operational fundraising events and ongoing development activities
4. Responsible for cemetery related administrative support
5. Develops and plays a lead role in maintaining effective communication with members
Major Areas of Focus:
1. Administrative Support
a. Handles enquiries directed to the Executive Director
b. Drafts sensitive and confidential correspondence and documents for the Executive Director when requested
c. Schedules meetings and communications as needed, including those involving the Board.
d. Manages the calendar of Senior Rabbi as well as other tasks as needed
e. Provides back-up as needed to office staff
f. Prepares and revises administrative processes and procedures, forms and documents, including preparing visual presentations
g. Ensure information systems run efficiently, provides solutions to problems. Proof and edits materials to ensure quality control
h. Liaise with accounting, support and follow up as needed
i. May assist in handling general inquiries, providing requested materials, follow-up and tracking, scheduling interviews, buddy requests
a. With direction co-ordinates logistics, volunteers and activities for fundraising events and ongoing development work
b. Provides and organizes support, including monitoring and tracking of pledges, donations, and event participation
c. Responsible for ensuring clear communications and records on all aspects of donors support and recognition through use of data base systems and other materials
d. Communicates and interacts with donors regarding pledge confirmations and follow-ups, tracking donor requests, payments etc.
a. Co-ordinates arrangements for funerals and unveilings with the appropriate staff; contracts, invoices, funeral announcements to congregation
b. Co-ordinates plot purchases and invoicing
c. Ensures all files and digital records are updated and accurate
a. Has a primary role and liaises with staff in administering the organization’s digital information sources including website, digital signage as well as weekly e-mail blasts and periodic mailings
b. In-charge of managing organizations’ social media platforms
1. Providing support in other areas as may be determined
Hours/Conditions: This position requires a person to be present during office hours on week-days. Given the nature and sensitivity of the job, the person must also be available on some weekends and evenings.
1. Graduation from a formal post-secondary program plus four (4) years recent related experience showing increasing responsibility
2. Excellent organizational and planning abilities with the ability to ensure deadlines are met
3. Well-developed written and verbal communication skills to effectively work with a diverse group of people
4. Must have knowledge and experience in managing social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter etc.
5. Must demonstrate independent initiative, excellent judgement and the ability to prioritize in a highly complex and fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
6. Must have the ability to adhere to strict confidentiality, ability to recognize and handle confidential information in an appropriate manner, show tact and strong inter-personal communications skills
7. High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
8. Strong computer and administrative skills. Must have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel. Ability to adapt to changing technology and implement new developments to increase productivity
9. Non-for-profit and community based institutional experience, knowledge of Jewish customs, practices and organizations are definite assets.
Please note that a criminal records check will be required. This is a non-smoking facility.
Please send all resumes to Esther Moses-Wood: email@example.com
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.