JFS seeks a part-time Program Assistant to support the Better at Home Program Coordinator in providing services to seniors through the Better at Home program. Our Better at Home program is well developed, with a vibrant volunteer base serving up to 230 seniors.
JFS has been enhancing the quality of life for individuals and families in the Lower Mainland for 83 years. The agency delivers a continuum of social service programs to the Jewish and broader community, throughout the Lower Mainland. JFS has a long-standing reputation for creative and professional response to community needs. JFS is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Better at Home is a program designed to help seniors live independently by providing affordable, non-medical support services such as light housekeeping, grocery shopping assistance, friendly visiting, transportation to appointments and handyman services. During the COVID pandemic some of these services have be enhanced/changed to meet the needs of seniors during this time. The program is funded by the Government of British Columbia, managed by United Way of the Lower Mainland, and delivered by local non-profit agencies. JFS delivers Better at Home services to Kerrisdale, Oakridge, Marpole, Dunbar and Southlands (KOMDS).
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist coordinator in setting up new services in alignment with United Way policies. The position is seven hours per week and would ideally include three to four hours on Mondays
• Perform tasks as requested by coordinator that will help support the delivery of Better at Home services to seniors in alignment with United Way policies
• Maintain appropriate records for evaluation and grant reporting requirements
Requirements and Qualifications
• Experience in program development
• Passionate about issues facing seniors
• Minimum 3 years work experience
• Undergraduate degree in related field or a combination of education and work experience in volunteer management, gerontology, or senior services
• Administrative and computer skills
• Strong written, listening and oral communications skills
• Proven ability to work with volunteers
• Ability to work from home and also to come into the office when needed
• Organizational and time management skills and ability to work independently
This is a part-time position; seven hours per week. Salary is commensurate with experience.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume quoting “Better at Home Program Assistant” to Rachel Shanken, Director of Operations at email@example.com by March 22, 2021. Please note that only qualified candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.