Community Organizations: Updates and Program Changes
Jewish Community Centre
The JCC is open. Please check their website for more information.
Jewish Day Schools
Please check the schools' website for details for their return to school plan.
Below is a summary of the main changes synagogues have made and that we are aware of. Contact your synagogue directly for full and up-to-date details.
Please check your local synagogues for information about High Holydays services.
- Beth Hamidrash
- Beth Israel
- Click here to find out more information and updates.
- Building closed to the public and congregants.
- Services and classes will be live streamed via Zoom. Click here for details.
- All meetings with clergy and staff as well as B’nai Mitzvah training will be held via Skype, Facetime or phone.
- Synagogue staff will continue operating from the building and will keep their regular hours.
- Beth Tikvah
- Har El
- Contact Har El directly for updates.
- Ohel Ya’akov Community Kollel
- All classes have moved online. Additional online or phone learning sessions can be arranged with Rabbi Yeshayahu. Please contact him directly.
- Please click here for updates.
- Or Shalom
- All adult classes, meetings, groups, and gatherings have move to online format.
- Virtual events are being posted to the Or Shalom Events Calendar.
- The synagogue building is currently closed, and in-person Shabbat services are canceled.
- Schara Tzedeck
- Please check the website for daily and shabbat services.
- Temple Sholom
Jewish Family Services
- Click here for updates.
- The JFS Community Care Hotline has been set up as an emergency response resource in light of COVID-19. It is now available 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., 7 days a week to provide emergency essential services to anyone throughout Metro Vancouver.
Vancouver Holocaust Education Centre
- VHEC is open to visitors by appointment only.
- Updates are here.
Louis Brier Home and Hospital and Weinberg Residence
- LBRH and WR has restricted all visitors and outside individuals who are not regular employees. For additional information, please click here.